Jet engines are subjected to very strict standards to gradually reduce noise levels. To achieve these goals, they contain composite panels with hundreds of thousands of small-diameter holes, generally from 0.55 to 1.8mm. These micro-drilled engine panels act as sound traps.
For the past 15 years, and to respond to this very demanding quality and productivity criteria, CRENO has become an expert in “acoustic drilling” with 5-axis machines.
Spearheading industrial innovation, CRENO has developed an acoustic drilling Robot Cell using a Siemens NC-controlled Stäubli robot.
Acoustic Drilling Machine for UTC Aerospace Systems.
OUR MULTI-SPINDLE TECHNOLOGY:
A PROVEN SOLUTION
- Recognized expertise
- → Over 15 drilling machines sold in Europe and North America for Safran, GE-MRAS, UTC Aerospace and Spirit AeroSystems
- → Process validated by Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, Comac and Mitsubishi
- → High production performance: Up to 35 holes per second
- → Up to 28 spindles on one drilling head
- → Drilling cycle below 0.8 seconds
- Increased hole quality
- → Diameters ranging from 0.55 to 2mm (0.021 to 0.08 inch)
- → High precision and less delamination
- → Individually controlled drill-hole depth
- → No need to add additional finition
- → Stability of the process
- → Expertise in cutting tools
- Continuous monitoring
- →Drilling process control
- →Drill bit breakage and wear detection
- →Drill bit lifecycle management
- Highly automatic
- →Reduced operator intervention
- →Friendly and ergonomic configuration
Micro drilling of acoustic panels dedicated to large parts
Ultrasonic Cutting of Honeycomb
In 2015, we added robot cell solutions to our range of products for milling composite parts and materials.
Machining of Composite Parts
Routing of Aluminum Sheets